On 1 July Prime Minister Hun Sen spoke to the kingdom by Zoom for more than two hours . Some of his points:
- He was in quarantine because his hairdresser had Covid-19
- People infected with the Delta variant will be quarantined for three weeks instead of two
- Cambodians working Thailand should not try to hurry back to Cambodia now that construction sites in Thailand are closed for a month
- He recommended “Chinese medicines” he said have been used to treat Covid-19 in the Middle East
- He ordered the Finance Ministry to buy up 80% of the coffins in the country to keep at hospitals.
We’ll see if his admonitions about anti-Covid-19 precautions are heeded.