I am starting to get feedback from people about various misunderstandings about the changes coming up in my ministry in Cambodia. Let me be clear about a few things that I will explain more fully in the days to come:
- My old contract with the Maryknoll priests group (the Maryknoll Society) is to end on 30 June 2022.
- My new contract with the Maryknoll Lay Missioners is to start on 1 July 2022.
- I am not retiring at this point.
- I am not stopping my work in Cambodia with the Deaf Development Programme or with the English Catholic Community. That will continue.
- I am not leaving Cambodia at this point. I plan to continue working in Cambodia at least through December, 2023.
- I am not leaving the priesthood.
- The Maryknoll Society has disabled my email@example.com e-mail account. Please do not send anything to that address but use firstname.lastname@example.org from now on.
- Please do not send any money to me for the deaf work though Maryknoll, NY. It will not reach me.
In the most simple terms, nothing will change except that I am replacing a Maryknoll Society contract with a contract from the Maryknoll Lay Missioners. And my e-mail address will change to email@example.com.